Translate Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Waters of discouragment

This morning, I interrupt my "why are we posts"  and just blog.  Today I have woken up feeling discouraged.  Let me emphasize the word feeling because as I try to analyze it, I realize its just a feeling.  I encourage myself by looking at the life I have and all I see are blessings.  I am blessed with a beautiful caring generous wife, 4 children who are "living" life whom I am so proud of.  I have so many friends seen and unseen (Facebook) who encourage me by there lives and like an unspoken testimony build faith in me.  I am blessed with a father and mother who by there simple love of me and my family inspire me.  They not only believe in me and support our adoption efforts but sent a generous gift to help us begin our efforts to raise the remaining financial needs.  Thanks Dad and Mom!  I have been blessed to live in Colorado, be apart of an amazing church, enjoy a comfortable home, have a job, have relatively reliable cars, enjoy laughter and warmth of good friends etc etc etc....the list could go on and on.  Today my pastor posted on Facebook 2Cor.8:9: And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.  So encouraged, I,  like a dog wet from a bath or romp in the lake vigorously shake of the waters of discouragement and romp off to the next task at hand.  Today I fill out an overwhelming amount of paperwork for adoption grants etc.  Off to make a pot of coffee the first of many today....chris